martes, 4 de septiembre de 2012

Labor day


Still no Wifi for my computer, maybe that’s good because I don’t get stuck on the internet and do things I normally don’t do, like read ;)

Day number 3 here in Redondo Beach, getting used to the schedule, adjusting the body which still takes a bit. I’m just back from my second run here, the pace is okay but it doesn’t still feel confortable.

On Sunday night we went down to the pier for a walk, everybody was out, the night before Labor day, the restaurants at the pier full of people, so was the toe ring shop we entered… kind of an embarrassing moment when all the girls have these perfectly pedicure feet and yours are lacking 2 nails… new running shoes needed!

But let’s start at the beginning:
Sunday morning, quick breakfast and catch the bike. I had absolutely no idea about the loop we were about to ride, at the beginning crossing the typical living areas with fancy houses and nice gardens and stunning oceans views. Later a nice long climb and the views became even more breathtaking… My mind tried to fit the photos into something I knew, it was a potpourri of Malaga’s mountains (which reminded me of the terrible fire last Thursday night…), a little bit of Australia, some Thai smells… but the view… nothing to compare with.

On the way back a stop at the coffee shop in Redondo, cyclists everywhere! In fact, I thought people in LA would drive everywhere and now I see them riding everywhere, this is the home land of beach cruisers! The climate makes them live outside, see and be seen with the sun around all year long, beach promenades as long as you like.


Our ride was followed by some random lunch and an afternoon with Ipad fun, and the pier walk after, finishing the day at Hoka Hoka Sushi around the corner.



Labor day, lazy day, a run in the morning, a beach bike ride to Manhattan Beach, see and be seen, coffee at Starbucks, more see and be seen sitting there sipping coffee… I really can’t complain about lack of relax here, it still feels weird but I try not to think too much and just enjoy. Maybe I feel like I’m not doing anything because I am not doing anything? ;-)





I will go for an easy run now and a dip in the ocean later before sitting in a car for a while to get to Las Vegas where we will head this afternoon and reprogram the brain into competition mode.